1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp peanut butter
~375 g rice noodles
2 1/2 cup beef stock
2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
2 tbsp sesame oil
6 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 tsp chilli flakes
300 g plant-based mince
1 onion (diced)
10 large button mushrooms
2 spring onions (thinly sliced)
cracked pepper (for garnish)
1. In a jar, mix the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar and peanut butter. Set aside.
2. Cook the rice noodles according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain, run under cold water and set aside.
3. In a large pot, add beef stock, half the mixture in the jar and spinach. Bring to boil then keep on low heat.
4. Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a pan. Add garlic and chilli flakes then cook until fragrant.
5. Add mince. Break up and cook for 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
6. Add onion, mushrooms and the rest of the jar mixture. Cook for 10 minutes (stirring regularly).
7. Time to assemble! Evenly divide the rice noodles into five bowls. Then add the broth and mince mixture. Sprinkle over spring onions and garnish with cracked pepper.